The Azrieli Systems Biology Innovative Award
We are pleased to announce the winners of the 6th round of Azrieli Systems Biology Innovative student Award series.
The 2020 award theme is: Adaptation: from physiology to genetics and evolution.
Background and Instructions are here.
- Adaptation through regulation-an in-vivo evolution approach
Vijay Jayaraman (Tawfik Lab) & Felix Jonas (Barkai Lab)
- Can we harness the natural adaptation to fight Alzheimer's disease?
Aleksandra Deczkowska (Amit lab) & Idan Milo (Leeat Keren lab)
- Evolutionary dynamics in the premature infant microbiome
Smadar Shilo, Ayya Keshet (Segal lab) & Ilana Livyatan (Straussman lab)
- Histone Exchange Mechanisms of Epigenetic Regulation
Marko Dunjic (Stelzer lab) & Felix Jonas (Barkai lab) & Gilad Yaakov (Barkai lab)
- Liver adaptation to urban environment and impact on drug metabolism capability in wild brown rats
Rita Manco (Itzkovitz lab) & Stefano Suzzi (Schwartz lab)
- Specificity of host shut-off mechanisms mediated by SARS-CoV-2 proteins
Avi Gluck (Stern-Ginossar lab), Yoav Lubelsky & Binyamin Zuckerman (Ulitsky lab)
- Deciphering the role of codon usage- tRNA adaptation during viral infection
Yaara Finkel (Stern-Ginossar lab) & Noa Hefetz (Pilpel lab)
- Elucidating the role of prophages in the lifestyle switch of marine bacteria during interaction with an algal host
Noa Barak (Vardi lab) & Tanita Wein (Sorek Lab)
- High resolution method for measuring transcription factors co-binding
Sagie Brodsky (Barkai lab) & Offir Lupo (Barkai lab) & Maya Ron (Ulitsky lab)
- How does proteasomal-mediated degradation adapt to amino acids starvation?
Daoud Sheban (Merbl lab) & Dvir Schirman (Pilpel lab)
- How RBPs achieve target specificity and drive an adaptive cellular response?
Inbal Zigdon (Barkai lab) & Sagie Brodsky (Barkai lab) & Micha Goldrich (Ulitsky lab)
- Hypoxia – the survival of the fittest?
Ruthie Golomb (Pilpel lab) & Bjort Kragesteen (Amit lab) & Fadi Sheban (Amit lab)
- Is ignoring starvation cues a key adaptation for autotrophic growth?
Eliya Milshtein (Milo lab) & Anat Bren (Alon lab)
- Learning how to fix carbon: emergence of carboxylating RuBisCO
Jagoda Jablonska (Tawfik lab) & Benoit de Pins (Milo lab)
- Mapping adaption mechanisms of transcription factor duplications
Tamar Gera (Barkai lab) & Noam Hadary (Tirosh lab) & Michal Chapal (Barkai lab)
- Mycorrhizae, the underground carbon liaison?
Rotem Cahanovitc (Klein lab) & Roee Bennissan (Milo lab)
- Systematic characterization of the RNA modification landscape in virus–host systems
Anna Lilja (Stern-Ginossar lab) & Anna Uzonyi (Schwartz lab)
- The role of intrinsically disordered regions in TF-target binding
Tamar Jana (Barkai lab) & Sagie Brodsky (Barkai lab) & Gabriel Rosenblum (Hoffman lab)